Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Happy Birthday Tracy!!!

I went to Urban Outfitters and saw a really cool squirrel pillow that reminded me of Tracy - but it was like $30 and sooooo easy to make ~ so goes the idea for this project.  




I sketched a squirrel on paper, increased it's size at 5% intervals to see how big I wanted the final size to be - only because I can't sketch big  >_>    Once I decided on the size, I used my window as a "light table" to sketch the outline on the material.



Time to paint the squirrel - I used a bent paperclip as the "paint brush", dipping the small edge into the paint in a crosshatching design ~



After the body of the squirrel was done, using all 3 of the colors and spraying the edges with the diluted green ink, I felted an acorn in his little hands ~



The pre-sewn finished project - I need to do the back, sew it together, stuff it, and then it will be done!!!  Zarah said she wants me to make her some pillows for her apartment ~ WOOT!!!  The insert picture is the picture of the original pillow from Urban Outfitters ~



I finally gave it to her on October 15th - not too far from her actual birthday on September 3rd - certainly not a record for me!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment